Originally published by Central Market.
Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer, but here in Texas we know this is not the time to put away the grill just yet. This recipe for light and easy Grilled Tilapia tacos works well with a variety of marinades and sauces and is a great way to break out of your burger rut. What’s more, Seafood Watch names Tilapia as one of the most sustainable fish around. Serve it on 100% plant-based Repurpose tableware to give summer an earth-friendly send-off.
Grilled Tilapia Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sour cream
How to Make It
1. Heat grill to high. When heated, oil the grill.
2. Season the fish with the coriander, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and grill until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
3. Remove the fish from the grill and break into pieces.
4. In a 16-ounce Repurpose compostable bowl (it’s sustainable, too), toss the radishes and cucumber with lime juice, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
5. Place the fish in the tortillas and top with cucumber salsa, cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges.
6. Serve on a sturdy and sustainable Repurpose dinner plate.