Originally published by Vitacost.
If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Like it or not, kids always find a way to get grimy. So why not let them be slimy? Little ones will be completely hands on making this homemade slime. But the truth is, it’s a clean recipe by slime standards. No sticky, toxin-infused glue, needed. You’ll use all plant-based ingredients. Even the bowl and mixing spoon are gentle on skin…and on the planet. Beat that!
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix together psyllium and water. Stir until well dissolved.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir completely.
- Microwave mixture on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir the mixture halfway through.
- Remove bowl and let cool. Note: The slime will still be liquid at first, but it will begin to congeal as it cools.
- Repeat with different colors.