- 2 cups organic milk? (or your favorite non-dairy alternative)
- 2 tablespoons organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract?
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ?(or make your own combination using cinnamon,nutmeg and allspice)
- 1-2 shots espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong brewed organic coffee)
1. In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar. Cook the mixture on medium heat and stir until steaming.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, and then transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until the mixture is foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it—just use those muscles and whisk the mixture with a wire whisk until it froths.
3. Pour your tasty brew into a large mug or two mugs (if you feel like sharing). Then add the espresso or coffee.
Optional: Top your coffee with homemade whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top.